Wednesday, July 17, 2013

seven days

almost a year ago to the day;
my daughter, son in law and
my precious grandson
moved to austria.
it was the end of july last year.
when they drove out of our driveway
and into a brand new adventure

but, in seven days.
oh my, i can hardly believe it...
but in seven days
my husband and i will be boarding a plane
to austria!

seven days until
i see his little face

seven days until
i hear his little voice

seven days until
feel his little hand in mine

seven days until
i kiss his little forehead

seven days until
i smell the fresh air as
we play in the park together.

i am so excited
that to tell you the truth
i haven't even begun to pack
or think about getting ready
because, i cannot really
comprehend the fact,
that i am really going to see
my sweet family:
my beautiful daughter
son in law & grandson
in seven days!

oh yes,
seven days;

i cannot wait.

Lord, help me to
enjoy the precious moments
and the time spent with
my family
and not
worry about the
good-bye
or how
hard it is going to be
for my husband and i
to say good-bye.

help us to both just
concentrate on the love
and fun and the time we have
while we are visiting
and not even think of
the inevitable good-bye.

seven days
cannot come fast enough!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Amen to that! And I will be praying for a safe trip there and back! So excited that y'all are going!

Laurel said...

So excited for you. I was just thinking about you a few days ago, and wondering when you leave. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Have FUN!

Stay SAFE!

Be BLESSED!


Laurel :)