Wednesday, August 10, 2011

smile it does a body good!

according to my recent prevention magazine;
seeing a loved one smile produces the same
brain waves as finding out you won $40,000

how awesome is this?
that a smile could produce
the same joy as winning 40k?

the article also said,
that those who smiled the most
lived an extra 7 years, on average!

so i am telling you that smiling
not only makes you feel better
but, also you live longer!
that is quite the incentive to smile
don't you think?

a few smile quotes just for you today-

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
Smiles are great investments: the more you collect, the better you feel.
A smile takes but a moment, but the memory of it lasts forever.
A friendly look, a kindly smile, one good act, and life’s worthwhile.
A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.






may you have a day
blessed with joy, laughter and 
smiles! :)


for those who have wondered
i am off today to get my stitches out. 
i have been getting along well,
it helps that my daughter is here to help
with housework and cooking! 
i will be starting physical therapy next week!


let's be shiny,



Photobucket

13 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Lovely smiley post today melody-mae! Certainly, for me, smiles from my grandchildren are worth more to me than winning the lottery! Great post.

Unknown said...

I'm smiling as I write this. I love feeling like I've just won 40K. I'll have to think of that more often. Thanks for seeing beautiful (and cheers to getting stitches removed!)

Of One Heart said...

Yay for getting the stitches out. Sending you love, care and hugs. Stay as cute as you are!

xoxo

Of One Heart said...

Yay for getting the stitches out. Sending you love, care and hugs. Stay as cute as you are!

xoxo

Bethe77 said...

Reading your post just makes me smile!
What a very lvoely post on smiles. I think I will be handing soem more out!
Thank you.
Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

Another thing is - you can never give one away - they boomerang and come back!

my thrifty closet said...

Hi Melody, I was very inspired by your post on monday so I quoted some of your words, with credit, in my post. Hope it will encourage more people, Thanks for the inspiration:-)

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Andy said...

I totally agree with that Melody. If you smile to someone who have a problem, or is just lonely, it would definitely brighten their day.


Smiles,


Andy

Empty Nester said...

Just caught up on a few of your posts! And I must say that I am leaving here with a huge smile that I am going out into the world to share!

LindyLouMac said...

I have a message to myself on my Home Page that says Smile. Smiling and staying positive make for a much happier person and life.

Unknown said...

love the smile quotes. Awesome!

Faye said...

it's hard to believe that something a simple as a smile can do SO much :)
Thanks for sharing!

MellyB said...

I love it when I'm smiled at, and I feel awesome when my loved ones do it, but I'd make a different face if I won $40,000. ;) But yeah for smiles!!