Monday, December 17, 2012

my nativity


a few years ago
as a christmas gift
my three daughters bought me
this willow tree nativity set.

it is on my shelf ALL year round
because first of all, i love it!
and secondly,
because i love jesus
and want to remember
what he did for us!


our sermon 
yesterday was about the christmas story
but, not the one you normally hear this
time of year
it was this:

This is the Christmas Story; that He humbled himself for us! Philippians 2:6-8 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!


Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

blessings this christmas,
melody


Photobucket

6 comments:

Laurel said...

I LOVE my Willow Tree Nativity (purchase a few years ago when I worked at the Family Christian Store).

I don't leave mine up all year . . . but it usually stays up until February or so.

Hugs!

Laurel :)

songbyrdonthemountain said...

love the willow tree figures... maybe some day I will own one or two or the whole set!! love this post as well. blessings and peace to you... from Costa Rica!

Unknown said...

That's just beautiful.I can see you would never ever put it away.

Patty said...

Oh how I love this Nativity! Just want to sit here, stare at the photo and offer silent prayers for 27 new Angels.

Southhamsdarling said...

What a beautiful nativity set. You must have been so thrilled with that present from your daughters.

dandelionfleur said...

lovely nativity, and what a great idea to leave it up all year! I might just have to do that:).