Wednesday, April 25, 2012

the view


v is for view~

the view
from my window
as i sit in my chair-
grass & sidewalks
wet with the recent
rain.
grey clouds
and a chill in the air.

the view 
from my window
as i sit in my chair-
watching the neighbor's
chickens roam 
around the yard
after the fresh rain,
a crowing of the 
rooster...
yes, this is home.

the view 
from my window
as i sit in my chair-
listening
to the cows
and little calves
and they 
call out to each
other...
yes, this is home.

today is
the kind of day
to sit in my chair
and enjoy 
the view.






Photobucket

8 comments:

Empty Nester said...

And what a view it is! Thanks for sharing it!

Laurel said...

Wish I had a view like yours. :)

I love ...

... country life

... cows

... chickens


Some day I believe we will live on a piece of property out in the country again ... some day.


:) :) :)

Carol said...

Sounds like a wonderful view. And the poem juast shows how much you love your home.

Carol's Notebook

DL Hammons said...

That would be nice! Enjoy!! :)

Jaime said...

This is great. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live in the country like you do. I imagine it being very peaceful. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

awww, that is quite lovely M&M! :)

Betty Alark said...

Hi, Melody-mae!

Nice to come across a fellow poet!

I really like this poem! I grew up in the country so the poem brings back a vivid memory of when I was growing up!

I still like sitting by the window when it rains and just watching what ever passes in my view; even more so when it's bright and sunny!

Hope you will stop by and hopefully enjoy some of my poetry!!

Nice to meet you!

http://bettyalark.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello Melody
Well here we are coming close to the end of the A to Z challenge and I find you.
Lovely writing and sentiments.

Happy to have met, look forward to more.