Saturday, April 14, 2012

missions



good morning!
when i began my blog
i wanted a place to put my
writing, photos and just a 
creative outlet. 
i didn't come up with an unique
name, i used my first and middle name-
nothing fancy. 
just my name.


today's letter is m


m is for:
my first and middle name-
melody mae
my husband's name-
mark
all three of our daughter's middle names-
michelle. marie. megan.
it is for the m&m's we served at 
our wedding- 
for the name of our dairy-farm-
marmel dairy
the letter m also stands for:
memories.
those wonderful, sweet memories.


but, lately there is another word
that has been ricocheting around our home-


missions and missionary.


our daughter, son in law
& our three year old grandson
have taken a call to serve
in Vienna, Austria!
this will be a long term mission
for approximately two years!


as a christian i am so very proud
and very excited to see how God uses them!
as a mom & granny i am a bit sad.
two years away from that little boy's face
is hard for me...
but, who in the world am i to 
stand in the way of God?
really, who am i to say no to him?


thank goodness in this day and age
we have skype & face book! :)
plus my husband and i are going to 
hopefully start saving money to visit 
in a year. (vacation to vienna? yes, please!

if you would like to learn about what they are doing
or follow their journey or even donate to this
amazing call, 
they too have a blog:
http://seantawn.blogspot.com/


here is a bit from their blog
from the about us section;
Sean and Tawni Sattler have recently heard and obeyed God's call to leave their home in Bellingham, WA to serve as missionaries in Vienna, Austria. Sean will be teaching math full-time at the International Christian School of Vienna (ICSV); Tawni will be assisting part-time in the drama department at the school, while she supports Sean and their son Jackson in this huge transition. Sean and Tawni will also both be involved with the school's Worship Ministry.
http://seantawn.blogspot.com/p/what-were-about.html



i would ask my friends and followers for prayer-
for this family that means the world to me
that they would be a blessing to others,
and in return BE blessed...

also would you pray for the rest of the family,
we would all appreciate it!


may you have a lovely, weekend!
here in washington, it is suppose 
to be sunny & warm the next few days
which means i plan to try to get out and
enjoy some of it!


be blessed. 
shine your light!



Photobucket

18 comments:

Thoughts for the day said...

I love your little blog and the comings and goings of your life is fun to follow. Yes it will be hard to be away from your loved ones but two years is not that long and wow a vacation? what an experience that would be. take care

Unknown said...

What are Gods plans for them once they get to Vienna? I can't wait to see how His work unfolds and what beautiful adventures the kids have when they get there. Prayers and hugs.

Shari said...

Thank you for stopping by Leaving A Legacy today. I look forward to getting to know you!

songbyrdonthemountain said...

wonderful and woeful at the same time. totally get that!! love you my friend.

Shanda said...

How wonderful. You have reason to be proud and you have done a great job as a mother. Since I have a missions heart, I am going over there to follow their blog. I remember once going to Austria as a child when we were in route back from Africa. We were visiting missionary friends there but have never been back. You will have to visit them!!!

Buttercup said...

What a great opportunity. Will you get to visit them. Prayers and hugs!

Empty Nester said...

I understand how you feel- that pride and excitement coupled with having to miss them for two years. But just as God has given them what they need to answer the call, so He will give you just the comfort and assurances you need which will free you up to encourage and support them in their calling! My prayers are with you all!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Thanks for the sacrifice you have made to say good bye to your sweet kids and grandbaby. My husband and I serve for a mission organization and I grew up as an MK, too. So I know the pain of those goodbyes. Thanks God for skype.

I am hopping over from UBP. Happy party week.

Fondly,
Glenda
#84

Botanist said...

Sounds like M is an important letter in your life.

My daughter is Megan, and my son is Matthew...our two little M&Ms :)

Trisha said...

I wish them luck in their work!

Jaime said...

You have such a positive outlook on things that can be sad. I was away from family and friends for a few years. For those we consider loved ones, distance doesn't really matter. I'm sure skype helps, too:)

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Hi, Melody Mae. I found you on UBP. What a lovely blog and interesting family. My husband and I were missionaries in Budapest, Hungary and we will be returning there for 3 months of work next week. Vienna is close by, so I have a little idea of the kind of culture/location where your children/grandchildren are serving. I know you are proud and sad at the same time...I'm always sad to leave behind my grandkids when we are in Budapest, but, like you, I'm so very thankful for Skype. If you'd like to meet me, my UBP intro page is here: http://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/p/ultimate-blog-party.html
God bless you and your blog. Gail

Shannon Lawrence said...

We all have "D" middle names in my home, as well as in my extended family. It worked out that both my parents had "D" middle names, so they kept that with all five of us, and then my hubby did, too, so we thought it would be fun to continue.

Safe travels to your family!

Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

Revi said...

Wow - what an exciting opportunity for them, and for you to visit them! May our Lord cover them with his hand, and surround them with a hedge of protection. May they accomplish everything he has for them!
-Revi

Megan said...

What an amazing opportunity for them! My husband and I dream of doing that someday soon. I found you through UBP12! So blessed that I did :) Many blessings to you and your wonderful family...I will definitely be praying for them!!

visiting from Here to Find Him

Laurel said...

One of my girls moved to Australia yesterday. I told her I have always wanted to visit Australia. I'll be saving up for that trip.

:) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mom, and thanks to everyone for the kind words, prayers, and support!

-Tawni

Unknown said...

AHHH!!! They are moving to Vienna!!!!! How wonderful! My sister is a teacher, so they might have so much in common! Oh my goodness this is just so wonderful! Okay, I'm off to their blog now too. I'll leave them a note about it.

Also, I will be in Vienna for several weeks in July visiting my sister. Perhaps we'll cross paths? :)

Happy seeing beautiful!