Thursday, April 12, 2012

kindness

i would hope that my readers
would have at least a guess
about what word came
to my mind with the letter k!?

kindness.
my word for 2012-
it is my goal to show
more kindness this year;
not to show it to just those
i know and those i love
but, to try and be more
compassionate to others
'around' me!

the checker in the grocery store
a man standing on the corner with a sign
the car that is trying to merge into the traffic

i could open a door for someone with their hands full
send a card to someone who is ill or lonely
smile more
speak a bit softer when the words want to come out harsh

there are plenty of random acts of kindness to show...
buy coffee for the person behind you in line
oh, the list could go on and on.

sometimes i feel as if i fail
miserably at this goal.
that i forget how easy it can be
to show kindness.
sometimes i need reminded
that the 'act' of kindness does not need
to be big, in fact it can be small and simple!



Sometimes someone says something really small, and it just fits right into this empty place in your heart.  ~From the television show My So-Called Life



Even when you do not feel big hearted, you can give yourself permission to act that way.  ~Lama Willa Miller


How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
~William Shakespeare, Merchant of Venic


How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston


Have you had a kindness shown?

Pass it on;
'Twas not given for thee alone,
Pass it on;
Let it travel down the years,
Let it wipe another's tears,
'Til in Heaven the deed appears -
Pass it on.
~Henry Burton, Pass It On




today, this week,
this month and this year...
my goal is to show more
kindness.

will you even for today
join me?
will you shine your light & show a bit
of kindess today?!



Photobucket

12 comments:

Sharon the Librarian said...

I love this post. I am glad stopped in!

Tracy said...

Hey M&M, great post...I make it my mission every single day to how kindness to others whomever I encounter because you never know who it will affect and how. Great post!

songbyrdonthemountain said...

Your kindness has touched me so many ways so many times. <3 thank you.

Laurel said...

Your short and sweet emails show MUCH kindness to me, and always put a smile on my face. :)

Good News on my blog today. The Lord is shining a sliver of light through the dark clouds that have been covering our family this past year. thanks for your continued prayers.

Laurel

running4him said...

I'm trying!! haha Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, my achiles will be ok, I am just pushing to hard. I had a competition (pairs figure skating) last week and I have one in two weeks so I am not resting it as much as I should.

Thoughts for the day said...

It is actually pretty easy to be kind to someone, just not always the first thing we do. I am also realizing how much I don't smile. Something to work on always.

Unknown said...

I always make an effort to be kind in the hope that my acts of kindness might be contagious! Wouldn't that be nice?

dandelionfleur said...

I may not have met you, Melody-Mae, but I sense you are a kind-red spirit:).

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Kindness goes a long, long way!

Jaime said...

This is a wonderful post. You have some awesome ideas on how to show kindness.

The Beans said...

Such inspiring words. Thank you for the reminder. :)

-Barb the French Bean

Anonymous said...

Kindness is such a cool word. I practice it every day. Its cool to be kind. Wasn;t that a song once?