Friday, April 16, 2010

My Journey


I wrote this while going through chemotherapy years ago. I wanted a place to 'put' it...that is what I love about having a blog!

While going through treatment I pulled out my ever faithful journal and wrote poetry and escaped into books. I read every single day- Both the writing and reading helped me forget for a short while and I was able to escape. I have been cancer free now since 2004, Praise God for His faithfulness! He is good and I have no idea what I would have done without Him... my friends, church and of course my wonderful supportive family!
I clung to this verse throughout treatment; Jer 29:11

here is one of my writings from that time in my life:

My Journey

beauty is only skin deep
we’ve heard this before
but a lesson I learned the hard way

the chemicals they
put into my body
made me sick
the hair on my head
all fell out
but I was still me on the inside

what makes us beautiful
is our love and friendship
with others -
the way they see us
is how we want to be
and what we strive to be

show someone you love them
hug someone
be kind and smile
be happy just to be alive

1 comment:

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

That's beautiful. You are so right, beauty is only skin deep. At the end of the day, it's not about whether or not you want to be beautiful. It's about whether or not you want to do what it takes to LIVE! So glad to hear of your strong faith. Thank you so much for stopping by my place and offering your kind words as I prepare to undergo my ultrasound tomorrow.