Monday, November 5, 2018

National Redhead Day

I shared this on FB but a lot of you are not on FB so I thought I’d share here, too!!

I just heard it’s National Redhead day! Eeeep! 🧜🏻‍♀️🧜🏻‍♀️🧜🏻‍♀️
I didn’t know we had our own day!???
Fun fact- back when I was in grade school, I wanted to blend/fit in so terribly.  I didn’t want to be the ‘new girl’ with a ‘different name’ & be ‘the redhead’,  so I asked my mom if I could dye my hair either dark brown or black so I could match not only her and dad but, also my two brothers! (previously I’d been asked if I was adopted because, my whole family had dark hair and I did not!!)😳
My Mom, being the wise Momma that she was and still is said, “why don’t you wait? When you’re older maybe 16, if you still want to dye it, you can!” LOL ❤️

Today, I celebrate with two daughter and a beautiful niece! We have our own day!!
Let’s celebrate!


4 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Huzzah for you and the red hair women in your family!

I am a wanta be redhead. My favorite aunt was a redhead with freckles. I wanted to be just like her. As an adult, I tried different auburn shades, but it didn't look right.

Unknown said...

Hi Susan!! I am that redhead with freckles! LOL Both my maternal and paternal grandmothers had red hair. One with strawberry blonde and one with dark auburn.

Laurel said...

You're so cute! Love your red hair. You do have a wise Mama.

Unknown said...

Awww Laurel thank you!!!