Monday, November 19, 2018

thankful even in the hard-times

I have so much to be thankful for. So much. I am counting my blessings this week leading up to Thanksgiving. But, here’s the deal, I also know there are many friends/family that this holiday will be the first without their loved one-I also know first hand, that hurt & heartache. Thanksgiving is always bittersweet for me, it reminds me of a specific holiday years ago, we sat beside a hospital bed, we prayed for a miracle and then in the end, for peace. My dad passed away the day after Thanksgiving that particular year. Not one thanksgiving day goes by that I don’t remember him. πŸ’”
If you’re celebrating this year for the first time without your loved one, I understand the hurt, sadness and sorrow. I can’t tell you the grief ever really goes away but, I will tell you this: the memories get sweeter & just a bit more beautiful as time truly softens, the loss. πŸ™πŸ»❤️πŸ™πŸ»
I’m here for you, if you want to talk. If you need to share, reminisce, laugh, scream or cry.-

I hope you are able to find something this week that brings you joy and that you can be thankful for! 

No comments: