Friday, August 23, 2013

like a dream

europe

we went to:
vienna.
 dachstein glacier.
 salzburg.
luxembourg
 and frankfurt.
we saw so many sights:
too many to even mention...

we have been back for a week now.
it seems like a dream.
i mean really
it does.

everywhere you looked
there was an old building
and beauty.
it was a bit surreal.

in fact there was so much 
beauty
to take in and see 
that it was 
hard to keep it 'real'.

looking back now
i think i could have sat in my daughter's 
living room with
my daughter, son in law and
grandson
and done absolutely nothing
but, visit and been 
just as happy!

really. the truth is
i loved having
the privilege 
of singing and praying 
each and every night with my 
four year old grandson...
nothing can compare to that!
no museum, castle or beautiful old building
can compare to having your grandson sing along
with you as you teach him:
'i love you a bushel and a peck'

i took so many amazing pictures.
hundreds and hundreds of photos
of the beautiful places we went.

i will not over flood
this post with all the photos
 but,
i feel like a should post a few of my favorites? ;)

if you are my friend on facebook
some of these photos will be repeats.
if you are not my friend on facebook;
you should be! :)

enjoy.
be blessed
and 
continue to
see beauty each and every day!!
























 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi there. So many beautiful photos of some gorgeous places. I loved the Glacier. I know what you mean though about just spending time with your family! I was so pleased that you were able to make that trip my friend. Oh , I love your new blog header. Very pretty and fresh. Vienna is definitely on my list of places to visit.

Jan said...

Thanks for posting such wonderful photos of such beautiful places. You must be having the time of your lives. -- Jan

dandelionfleur said...

so beautiful! travel plus family plus four year old grandson--equals heaven!

Laurel said...

I can't wait for a coffee date to hear ALL about it!

Hugs!

:) :) :)

Ceil said...

Hi Melody! So that's where you've been! I wondered what happened to you, LOL!

The photos are just spectacular. I am so happy for your opportunity to see more of the world, and to share yourself with your family. And then to share it all with us. Thank you!!

Welcome back :)
Ceil

Anna said...

It sounds like you had a lovely visit. Great photos! :)