Sunday, November 20, 2011

sunday thoughts

day twenty
i am thankful for sundays
and family time


my youngest daughter 
reminded me yesterday 
when, i was moaning 
about how none of our girls 
will be here for thanksgiving,
how lucky i am 
that every sunday
at least one of the girls 
and family are here 
after church to visit 
and eat!

she said, "not many families
get to do that anymore"...
and she was right!

thanksgiving isn't about 
a certain day on the calendar,
it is about being together as a family.

all gathering together
over food & laughter.

so today 
is our 'thanksgiving'
we will be having the full meal deal
here after church...

and i am

so very thankful.

for my family-

for my life! 


Photobucket

7 comments:

Kandice Breinholt said...

well then HAPPY THANKSGIVING! i hope it's a really great one :)

Southhamsdarling said...

Enjoy your early Thanksgiving day my friend. That's the way to look at it! Blessings to you and all your family x

Thoughts for the day said...

It is all about perspective~ enjoy your day.

Laurel said...

I know all about missing my Big Kids on the holidays. We have spent many holidays apart. :(

So glad you all get dinner together today.

Hope your week is BLESSED.

Laurel :)

Shawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving! This year we will be scattered across the Denver area but will be together in our hearts!

Rachel said...

yay for non-traditional Thanksgivings! My dad is going out of town TH so Weds nite we're going over there for omelettes! Family is what matters :)

Anonymous said...

So inspiring :) Hope you had a fabulous day mate xx