Saturday, March 5, 2011

sweetness & joy this weekend

thank you misty and thank you also to ms. blase these two sweetie pies... passed along awards to me- i am ever so appreciative. i thank you dearly & am sorry i did not recognize them sooner!!
two awards. check
thank and link to the person/s who awarded you. check
7 facts. check
pass it on to others. check
notify the blogs you chose. check

ok so the 7 facts are getting a bit harder because i have participated before...let me see if i can come up with something you might be interested to know?! haha or not! ;)

1. i live in washington state a few miles from the canadian border
2. my husband = my best friend
3. i feel like sometimes, i am nicer to strangers than i am to my loved ones (how sad)
4. i have mellowed with age but, still have a temper (something i am not proud of)
5. i color my hair, I am a natural redhead but, now i brighten it up a bit more because age has added a few stray grays, that i do not care for!
6. i love to shop...i am planning to participate in the 30 for 30 remix and am a bit worried about the not shopping...hehe
7. i love to write and read and actually love being by myself so i can do both of these...just give me a cup of coffee, laptop, a book and my journal and i am a very happy girl! :)

now the hard part...others to pass it on to?
along for the ride
clean sheets on sunday
facing 50 with humour
meridian road
of woods and words
i know...i know i am suppose to pass it on to more but, i am also suppose to pass it on to newly discovered blogs...so i will pass on the stylish blogger to these sweet blogs



and now for the 7 facts award:
make it dear
pretty life annonymous
tatertots and jello
home sweet farm
pocket full of pink
and last but never ever least, my friend in 'real life'...
how beautiful upon the mountains


enjoy your beautiful weekend. i love that the sun is shining here today, it warms my soul and brings me happiness & joy. what brings you joy?

12 comments:

Shawn said...

I just love learning new things about you! I can not believe you have a temper..must be the red hair!
What is the 30 for 30 remix that will put a damper on your shopping?

Karen said...

Melody-mae-
Thanks for giving me the award. I am so glad you enjoy my blog! Have a great weekend:)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Thanks so much for the fun award!! I loved reading those things about you. You have a beautiful family!

xoxo
Jen

Empty Nester said...

I always enjoy reading things about fellow bloggers! I have one of those tempers too--mine, like yours, has mellowed with age, but it will flare if people around here aren't careful...LOL Red hair is my favorite! I've always wanted red hair!

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Isn't it sad that it's easier to be nice to people we don't even know? I'm guilty of that too. Congrats on the award!
Stopping by from Weekend Wander

songbyrdonthemountain said...

thank you Melody, for the award. I am not sure what I did to earn it. :) and I am not sure what I am supposed to do next! LOL, blog etiquette! HELP!

songbyrdonthemountain said...

I figured it out. Thanks again for the fun award!

Unknown said...

Why thank you so much! So thrilled you've been liking my blog. :D

Hooray for living near the Canadian border!

b. lee said...

thanx for the shout out miss melody-mae * love your #2, 3 & 4 facts ... right there with ya!! happy snuggle sunday ~ well really not for me ... my eldest has a roller skating party in a bit ... wish us luck on the rink ... ey yi yi :D

Ms. Blasé said...

I can TOTALLY relate to #7!!!... and #2 is beyond sweet and something I hope to be able to say one day :)

Thank you for being you!

Blessings

Mandi Stephanie said...

aww thank you so much! I have a post about this in the works :)

Laurel said...

Yep ... we do live in the same community ... "just a few miles from Canada".

:) :) :)