Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas time is here, happiness and cheer.

as  Christmas draws closer and the busy schedules get beyond crazy
it is easy to get swept up in the hectic schedules and commitments...
the CHRISTmas parties and present giving

I take a moment towards the end of this day
to think on the goodness of the holidays,
the goodness of THIS day...

time spent with the ones I love, a house decorated in CHRISTmas spirit
a tree filled with gold, silver, green and chocolate browns
stealing time away today to sit over a cup of coffee with a friend
practicing in the choir tonight, getting together with others (  & standing next to my daughter) to sing and lift our voices!

Yes, it is easy to get caught up in it all
but, sitting here tonight I am blessed and happy.

what do you do to relax and not get caught up in the crazies?


a peek at our Christmas tree 2010




may you find time to sit and relax and enjoy the season-

melody

2 comments:

nic said...

Melody, my ginger-haired blogland sister! Thank you for your sweet comments on my tree art! I just love your tree!...heck, I just love Christmas!
I wanted to come by to let you know that since my blog reached 100 Followers a couple of weeks ago, I'm having a giveaway to celebrate! Swing back by when you have a chance & see how many entries you can get! Have a super awesome Christmas!

LindyLouMac said...

I intend to take a bogging break to keep the balance. Beautiful photos of your tree.