Friday, October 28, 2011

five things friday

one. heading out for the day
with eldest daughter and little guy-
coffee, tar-jay and accessorizing
little guy's halloween outfit
makes for a sweet day!

two. i plan to make some
goodies this weekend...
caramel corn and chex mix
are on the agenda!

three. asking for unspoken
prayers for someone i love.

four. buying skirt hangers
to finally hang my awesome
vintage pencil skirt collection

five. scoring while thrifting
this week. i walked out with
5, yes...i said FIVE pairs
of shoes/boots! this is after
looking since summer for
boots for fall...i scored
three pairs of boots, a pair
of mustard yellow bandolino pumps
(which i am gifting to my middle daughter
who works in an office), and another sweet
pair of oxfords! my thrifting luck has been
AWESOME of late! :)


what is new with you?
have you anything special planned for
the weekend ahead of you? (besides lots of candy buying/eating!)
what's on your mind today?
can i pray for you?
rejoicing or not
my wish is that you have a
most wonderful weekend!

be blessed,

Photobucket

10 comments:

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

I enjoy reading your blog. My husband was diagnosed with colon cancer 2010-so far so good. God is so good!!
You have a great weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

Hope you had a great time at tar jay with your grandson! sandie

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

I love weekends of goody-making and family :) And how awesome about your thrift scores. Thoughts and prayers going up to your loved one.

Anna said...

Sounds like a fun day and weekend! :)

I'm envious of your finds. I still haven't made my shopping trip...hopefully, soon!

My husband and I are traveling next week, he has a job interview. So please pray for safe travel and God's will with this interview process.

Betsy Brock said...

what a lovely list!

I collected a bunch of "one man's trash..." at an auction today. I'm going to enjoy looking through it and cleaning it up!

Trick or Treaters come tomorrow night. That's always fun! :)

Veronica Lee said...

I wish you a very happy weekend! :)

Bethe77 said...

Meloday Mae I have missed you and your blog. You are an inspiritation love reading your five things list. Sounds like some great finds in the thrift stores.
Will be prayering for silent prayer. Yes you could please pray for my daughter Amber and her children thank you.
No plans for weekend except to get well from being sick.
Hope you ahve an awesome one.
Blessings

songbyrdonthemountain said...

Ah, boots... I have been searching for boots since LAST fall... and still no luck.. darn size 9's!! Today I am heading out with a HUGE basket of clothes to drop off at the consignors... maybe my luck will change.
Prayers for you and your unspoken request... prayers for my friend who had the bone marrow transplant... and so many more.... the list grows but the blessings keep falling!

Shawn said...

What time to I come over for my bag of Carmel Corn?

Have a blessed weekend,
Shawn

Heart n Soul said...

Your celebrations sound like such fun. We don't really get into halloween this side of the world. Hope you have a fab time. Would like to see that vintage skirt collection ... sounds intriguing :)