Thursday, August 18, 2011

a thankful thursday!

i have many things to be
thankful for this thursday-

on sunday we went
to my mom's and celebrated
spring and summer birthdays
it was over half the family! LOL
here is the cake my mom
had made to give you an
idea of how many-
yes, there were fourteen!

how lucky to be able to get
everyone together
in one spot
to visit and celebrate!
sometimes it is pretty hard
to coordinate that many schedules,
so when it does happen it is pretty fun!
i am thankful today for family-

my darling daughter has been
an amazing help to me-
the other day she said,
"she was exhausted from doing
all the  stuff around the house, and
that she now knows her mom is a
super-mom" haha...
i am so thankful for her and all
she is doing to help me right now,
i could not do it without her!

we have had some pictures around
the house of the grands that needed
updating and this particular daughter
decided to take the boys outside and
do a photo shoot (she does photography as a hobby)
she then had them printed and framed
for a gift for me...yes, she is a sweetie
i told ya i am thankful today!
here are the darling photos she framed
for me...
here they are side by side on my shelf:)
and on my wall so i can see these little faces from
my recliner-


these little guys are two reasons 
i am very thankful this thursday!

it is also my  middle daughter and son-in-laws
4th anniversary today...
i wish them all the happiness life can bring-
i am thankful for what God is doing in 
their lives too-

i am off to my first visit
to the physical therapist
hoping it goes well!

may you have a wonderful and 
thankful thursday
life is beautiful
let's enjoy it-





Photobucket

11 comments:

Ross said...

In our family we do the same thing. We celebrate about ten birthdays in the month of June, so we get everyone together for one big party. It's what family is all about isn't it.

Chatty Crone said...

I am sure your daughter has had a great role model and now it's her turn to help you!

Of One Heart said...

This cake is SO cool! I've never seen something like this- it's amazing. :)

The photos are adorably cute- nobody would know that more than you.

Good luck!

Southhamsdarling said...

Good luck with your visit to the physical therapist my friend. How wonderful to get all the family together like that, and what an awesome cake!! So wonderful that your daughter has been helping out like that. She's obviously had a good example to follow in you! Those photos that she did for you and had framed are so special.

Faye said...

That is such a great idea....celebrate everyone's special day at once.
You have a wonderful daughter :)

Undeserving Grace said...

Thank you so much for coming by. I'm grateful for your support. I just have to move past being sad and decide i'm strong enough to write/talk about it without falling apart...I must be passed the attached emotions first if that makes sense. Any hoo...have a great weekend my dear.
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

Chris Graham said...

You are so blessed my immediate family is small! But I am so glad that "family" can extend to those who cross our path at any given time.The pictures are precious.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

a wonderful list!

Beth in NC said...

Oh how funny! Those are a lot of names on that cake! :o)

Wonderful blessings.

Love,
Beth

noone said...

aww the cake is a cool idea! and lol ya when I was young I didn't really do any housework until I moved out after highschool then I was like whoa... my dad did a LOT of housework and they're draining!!

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by to see how you are doing and hoping that you are recovering well. I love the cake what a brilliant idea with all the names on it.