Friday, August 12, 2011

sing a song


A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. Lou Holtz



this friday as you welcome
the beginning of the weekend
i hope you have a song to sing-


not because everything is wonderful
and perfect in your life
but,  just maybe...
when the things of this life,
are weighing on you-


that you would still have a song to sing!


i pray this is true
that you can see beyond 
the clouds and see the sun
shining through-


i had this song running through
my head this morning...



Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad
Sing of happy not sad
 sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don’t worry that it’s not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song
Sing, sing a song


may you have a wonderful friday
will you join me?
let's smile, sing...and shine-

be blessed,





Photobucket

10 comments:

Deanna said...

singing a beautiful song!
May you have a terrific week-end and God bless,
d

Laurel said...

Wow! Haven't sung that song in MANY years, but the tune came right back to me. (Does this date us?)

I am singing today because the sun came out before noon (after a week or so of cloudy mornings).

I am singing today because my husband has a couple of job opportunities that we are hoping/praying for. (Please keep this in your prayers!)

I am singing today because I LOVE my espresso machine, and an Iced Mocha always puts a smile on my face.

No. Life is not perfect. (Far from it, actually.) There are a LOT of "clouds" in my life right now. But, I am doing my best to rejoice at every sneak peak of the SON that I can find.


Hope your weekend is BLESSED!

Laurel :)

Of One Heart said...

Ah! You're adorably lovely! Singing- bright and happy!

Keep doing those exercises! Sending you strength!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful song. I sing it to my kids when they are feeling down and it never fails to bring a smile.

Southhamsdarling said...

Gosh, I haven't heard that song for a while. Very fitting for your post today though. I'm singing today because I have my two little ones coming along this afternoon, and they will be sleeping here tonight. Yay!

Blogs said...

Beee-U-TEEE-FUL my friend! i always find it soul cleansing to sing a song and this is just too pretty! xoxo

Marlee said...

I love to sing, regardless of how awful I sound! Great blog, am a new follower :).

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

Chris Graham said...

What an wonderful post!!
I think it is when we lose the song in our heart that fear and worry can takes it's place.
I want the music to always be playing in my heart and mind.

Faye said...

Thanks for making me see that just because I'm weighed down with sadness, doesn't mean I don't have a song to sing.

Buttercup said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!