Saturday, April 30, 2011

lets talk about london!

last summer my hubs
the youngest daughter,
and i went on a three week trip
to europe...to say it was
a trip of a lifetime is an understatement!

our first stop on this trip was...
london, england
yeah, pretty darn amazing!
i saw things i had only
read about and dreamt about

in honor of the
newlyweds the duke and duchess of cambridge
here are some amazing photos
all taken by my
very talented daughter...(please do not steal!)

we had to pose in one of the many 'red phone booths' even though this one smelled like it had been used as a urinal! :)




changing of the guards
where big ben is housed




this was such an amazing trip
i hope to visit europe again
ever so thankful, yes indeed!

may you have a most blessed weekend!!!
may you find joy in even the smallest of things
and may you shine!

melody

10 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

So pleased you enjoyed your visit to my Country!! London is a great city but, yes, nearly all those old red telephone booths used to smell like Urinals! LOL! Thank heavens for mobile phones now, but the old booths still look pretty, don't they?! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Anonymous said...

I need to live @ Westminister Abbey. Just saying. =)

LindyLouMac said...

I suddenly feel quite proud to be British :)

Empty Nester said...

Our oldest daughter, Breezy, has been to Europe twice- leaving her dad and me behind both times...one of my most favorite things were her pictures of the red phone booths--I just love those things!

my3littlebirds said...

Oh my gosh, I would LOVE to go to London. Thanks for sharing your photos!

LesleyRH said...

Great photos!

Anonymous said...

I luuurve your photos! I like to pose in the phone booth at Epcot and pretend I'm really in London. Haha Have a great week!

b. lee said...

sooo cool!!! the wedding was such an exciting event to witness ... via tele of course * *

awesome pics! thanx for sharing ;)

Ross said...

So glad that you had such a good time! I still haven't made iy to Europe in my travels! I've been so many other places though! I want to do the England, Ireland, and Scotland tour some day to discover my family heritage. Great site you have!

Jackie said...

I love your pictures of London. My husband has been, but not I. :(
I also like the look of your blog. Soft, yet, sophisticated!