Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Baby Shower



This past Saturday my two younger daughters, Tawni and Tessa gave their sister (my firstborn) Traci, a baby shower at our church-
They had flowers and lemonade and lots of yummy goodies to eat...balloons...gifts...fun games...along with family and friends galore! It was a wonderful day and they had such a great turnout!
I didn't get a chance to take many pictures, I was helping fill the coffee pots and visiting...but I did get a chance as I was running around to snap one sweet photo...
After the guests had all left and we were cleaning up, Traci sat down in front of the white board that was in the room they held the shower.
My youngest daughter told us she had had a dream that the guests had wrote messages of love to Traci during the shower... so she handed out markers as people arrived so they could write something if they wanted to. It was such a great idea! As I was helping clean up, I witnessed Traci in front of that white board... She had drug a chair in front of the board and was reading all the kind messages! It was a fleeting moment and one I am so lucky to have witnessed and been able to capture on film. I love it, her relaxing in front of the board reading all the words of love from family and friends. What a great way to remember the shower!!


My younger two daughters did a great job hosting it and I know it meant a lot to Traci too!
The little sweet baby is due to arrive the first part of July, I am so excited to meet my grandbaby!

(I am hoping my sister-n-law took more pictures... and I know my daughter Tessa was able to take a few too, so maybe there will be a baby shower part 2 post!)

2 comments:

songbyrdonthemountain said...

very sweet! can't believe how quickly the months have gone and that this new wee one will soon be here!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

That is a great idea. Hopefully someone took a picture of all the comments before they were wiped off. I remember my first baby shower. It was a special time to see all of our old family friends who watched me grow up. Best wishes.
Dana