Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Beauty of Spring

I love how my grandson Jack, is ever so gently touching these few precious tulips in my yard...how sweet is that?


My youngest daughter, her boyfriend and I plan to make the trek to the annual Tulip Festival in a neighboring town on friday. I have never been to this festival even though they have been having it for 25+ years! I so wanted to get all my little family to go one Sunday but it never worked out and now this friday is the last day... Guess I better make plans earlier next time! I hope by the time we get there they still have some tulips left...we have been having a lot of rain... Hoping to get a few nice pictures?!


This is our apple tree in the backyard. We were given this as a wedding gift 30 years ago. The first year... it had ONE apple that bent the little tree almost all the way over. Amazing how huge it is now. I love it when the tree is covered in apple blossoms! The wind had come up and I was afraid I wasn't going to get a picture before the blossoms were all gone...


blessings-




1 comment:

songbyrdonthemountain said...

Sweet picture of Jack and I love you apple tree. Remember our girls singing at teacher Joyce's wedding? "If you're gonna love me for a long long time~plant an apple tree"
have fun at the tulip fields!